Father's Day, June 14, 1942

JD writes a letter to his dad for Father's Day.


Dearest Daddy,

Just a few lines to let you know that I am thinking of you this Father’s Day. Even though I am thousands of miles away, I cannot forget the many things you did to make life happier & fuller for me.

I am constantly reminded of the Scripture which says in substance, “Bring up a child in the way he should go & he will not depart from it.” Daddy, I am a very inconspicuous fellow as far as this Army is concerned, but I hope that you will be afforded a great deal of comfort in the knowledge that I have abided by your teachings.

I hope that you are well in every way & before many more months, we will all be together again.

I am doing fine & making it ok.

Your loving son,

Jay.
J.D. (I.O.) Box

Comments