Saturday, July 11, 1942

JD’s been pretty busy lately and hasn’t had much time for writing home. Hopefully he will receive more mail soon, and he’ll be able to write a better letter. JD says he got a letter from McCoy, and that he mentioned getting letters from home. JD still looks at his own pictures all the time. He’s also taken some photos on the island, but he’s not sure where he can get them developed.


As always, feel free to comment if you can figure out what any of the blanks are supposed to say. 


Dearest Mother & All,

I haven't written to you in several days, but as I have just told Margaret, I could not. Just couldn't help it. The same goes for the past week or so. Just haven't had time. I don't this [sic] is going to be much of a letter, but maybe it will serve its purpose.

I am doing fine and hope you are all well. Have been going in a long run lately with very little if any time for writing & etc. I guess things are as usual there. I'll bet the weather is nice. It's not so hot here now. The nights are cool, but those mosquitoes are terrible. 

We expect to get mail soon. Maybe tomorrow or the early part of next week. I can hardly wait. Maybe I can say something when I hear from you. There's nothing to report from here. Have not been getting the news here as I told you I was getting. Not for two weeks now. It just isn’t coming over that hand now. For reasons you know as well as I. Seems as if the shells busted on Oregon that section a little.

I am in the same thing as I have all the time. Same unit & work.

I got a letter from McCoy the other day. he likes it fine where he is. Said he got some pictures from home & he was telling about that. He didn’t get anything compared to what I did. I look at them all the time & never get tired of it. Don’t know where I will get my negatives developed.

I guess this is all for now. I’ll write again soon.

Lots of love to all,

Jay
J.D. (I.O.) Box




Comments